The Backyard Pond

I am fabulously (past the limits of belief) in love with the great outdoors. God was so good to create all of this wonderful earth for us. Can you even begin to imagine what Heaven will be like? You know; His word says that in His Father's House are many mansions. In another part of His Word; He tells us that He goes to prepare a "place" for us. We can use our imaginations here. These are just my thoughts, but I would like to think of a beautiful pond with stepping stones and you can just hear the water gurggling as it flows down those stones.
The birds are fairly singing for joy, trying to outdo one another with their praise for God. As I meander down one of the woodsy paths, it takes my breath away to see the sunlight trickling down, splashing the forest floor with the warmth of its rays. As we sit down to visit on some old white wicker; we feel the whisper of a breeze as it gently kisses our brow. Was that a drone of a bee sipping on nectar, the song of the wiperwill and yes, in the distance the hunted love song of the turtle dove?
I do know one thing for sure...God is here! His presence is so overwhelming that it brings tears to my eyes.
I would love to invite anyone that would read this to feel welcomed to stop by. I believe each and everyone of us has problems, face trials, bear burdens that sometimes seem heavier than we can bear. His Word tells us to bear one anothers burdens and that is what I would like the Backyard Pond to be...a place to come and share, a place to come to encourage one another.
Would you meet me at the pond for a spot of tea and a visit? We can start by praising God for what He has done and let Him have His way in the remainder of our visit.

VISIT WITH A FAVORITE FRIEND

VISIT WITH A FAVORITE FRIEND

"Glorify ye the Lord in the fires." Isaiah 24:150

Have you ever been through the fires of afflication? Do you know the definition of afflication? Webster's Dictionary says it aptly well. Afflection: suffering, pain, mental suffering. The Lord allows us to face some things. We may be struggling with finantial difficulties and even though we know God will undertake and work it out; all these other little "foxes" come tearing in. Sickness strikes, perhaps long term. Our children may go through things of their own which causes our hearts to break. "Oh, Lord..how long"?
Not a one of the above is a stranger to me. I must share of a testimony that I was priviledged to hear. Is it not heartening to see some precious one who just has to be broken in body, but who retains the splendor of an unbroken patience? What a witness all this offers to His wonderful grace! Our God was certainly glorified in this. This precious one has been through so much and still; there is a song in her heart.
No matter what my dear and precious family and friends may be facing in this amazing day of "falling away", we need to just hold onto the Lord's hand real tight like. He won't let go...thank God, He won't let go! And...as my friend encouraged me with her testimony, that in turn glorified our God. He is my all in all.
Remember..."Glorify ye the Lord in the fires."

ATTIC FULL OF YESTERDAYS

ATTIC FULL OF YESTERDAYS
COME WITH ME AND REMINISCE

Monday, June 13, 2011

OPPORTUNITY

Yesterday is a cancelled check; tomorrow is a promissory note; today is the only cash you have~spend it wisely.
Hey everyone...I'm back. I can't believe that it has been two years since I have been to my blog. A lot has happened over the past two years. My husband and I moved and two of my grandchildren have been through serious physical times. When your granddaughter has two blood clots and is only 10 years old, that is serious. A grandson had a procedure done on his heart and he just turned 14. God has been so good through it all. None of us deserve His goodness to us. It is only through His Amazing Grace that He answers prayer.
My last post was in 2009 and at that time I stated that I was going to just give up on my blog. It seemed hard for me to do what I wanted to with it. I mean, you have to be a college graduate to understand the language and "how-to's" of a computer. However, I am told that several of my posts have been an encouragement and that was the very reason I wanted to do my own blog.
I have been through most of the topics that I post and find every time that God is the answer.
The subject of this post is Opportunity. I want to "try" and take "opportunity" and apply it to my own life. I loved to be encouraged. Therefore, I want to try and encourage others when we are discouraged. I want to "do unto others as I would have them do unto me". Whenever there is human need, there is opportunity to do a kind deed. Let's look for that opportunity today.

No comments:

Post a Comment